Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Feeling Incompetent

Complete sense of helplessness
unable to do anything
All I can do is protest and blog
possibly donate some money

I become angry - but my anger is suffocated

I will never forgive an oppressor, nor will I forgive
I witness hell on television
the hell of mangled children
the hell of civilians convulsing from shock and pain
but the hell to be experienced by the politicians who've remained silent is far worse

soon enough, they'll rot
soon enough their throne and wealth will be the kindle that fuels their fire

Why is it that every government is tippy-toeing in the tulips for the oppressor
Why did Harper's government react spinelessly?
Why is Obama silent? Why hasn't the revolutionary president done anything
Why is he on vacation as the world burns?
Just another bourgeoisie reaping the wealth of the poor and innocecnt

In due time, the oppressor will beg for mercy
and no one will answer their call
Soon enough the silent leaders will claim innocence,
and no one will be there to hear them

When that happens, I will hope that my prayers for the oppressed
and my dollars
might keep me away from the kingdom of hell the oppressor built for himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the greatest injustice is what one does to himself, we want to change the world, we want the governments to take action, but all in all we are the ones lacking, we do the greatest injustices to ourselves, and to others, can you claim to never have oppressed, or taken anyone's right whether it was intentional or unintentional, our actions speak louder than our words, humanity needs to start at home giving basic human rights to your family, friends, and community, things happen in a rippled effect one ripple affects the other and it all starts with the heart, to be unified with your manners, morals and actions, they must never contradict eachother, maybe we should all start by fixing broken relations, whether it be personal or professional, humankind needs to understand the core concept of having empathy and equality, it angers us to see what is happening to the muslim ummah or just humans at large, but its not enough to donate or protest if our foundation is weak, when we do not practice what we preach, we need to lead by example, set a solid ground

Neil Haj said...

I couldn't have said it better myself -

I watched a video of a Sayyid named Mohammad Hussein Fhadlallah and he was talking about how dictatorship starts in the home; particularly, father-family relations.

he hit the bullseye, the same way you did..